LFS in your area

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Needeles

AC Members
Jun 5, 2006
Wisconsin
If you know of a good fish shop in your area post it here. This will allow others to find some good shops from all around the world hopefully. Try to use the guidelines below for posting if you can.

Shop Name
Address
Phone #
Website
Hours
Any non disruptive opinions about the shop

If it is a chain store try to list the store number as some are really good while others, well shouldn't even be open.

Let see how long we can get this list.

Thanks to BloodThirsty28 for bringing up the idea. I'm not sure why this has not been done yet but it is a good idea.

EDIT: I noticed a lot of people bringing up concerns about organization. If you would like to search for a specific area, use the "search this thread" function at the top of the page. :)

-J double R

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Catherine K. Lake

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
the reef
600 E. northern lights (the mall at sears)
907-344-8944
www.thereefalaska.com
9am-9pm M-F, 9am-7pm saturday, 9am-6pm sunday.
great little LFS with an amazingly diverse selection for it's size. easiliy the best LFS in alaska. knowlegeable staff, never sell fish to people who can't take care of them.(P.S. great thread idea, neddeles! :)

Last edited:

Needeles

AC Members
Jun 5, 2006
Wisconsin
PetSmart Store # 1506
9342 State Road 16
Onalaska, WI 54650
608-781-5510
www.petsmart.com
Mon-Fri 8am-9pm
Sat 8am-7pm
Sun 8am-7pm

This is the only LFS in my area I go to. They seem to do a good job taking care of the fish and most of the people working in the fish department know what they are talking about. They seem to care as they always ask what tank setup a person has then they give good advice as to what will and will not work in a tank. They have a 14 day return policy if your fish die, they will also allow you to go over that by a couple days.

kjf91004

AC Members
Jun 4, 2006
Eau Claire, WI
Thompson's True Value & Variety Store
31 E Clairemont Ave
Eau Claire, WI 54701
715-834-1239

Just a small "mom and pop" kind of operation. Takes great care of his fish. Specialiizes in knowing where to get "custom" stuff. Excellent prices on tanks, hoods, and stands.

5TankHarmony

Trichogaster Trichopterus
Sep 6, 2006
Nolan's Aquarium Superstore
2400 US 92 E.
Lakeland, FL 33801
(863) 667-3500

One of the largest aquarium/fish stores in central Florida, with a huge selection of f. and s. water fish, plus live coral,anemones,starfish; live plants, freshwater rays, and a massive amount of aquariums, both stock and custom made. Great service, knowledgeable staff, good prices and healthy fish. I have never been to a better LFS.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
The Pet Shanty Inc.
2507 U.S. Highway 22
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
info@petshanty.com
sales@petshanty.com
http://petshanty.com/
Phone: 908-889-8262 | Fax: 908-889-0803
Monday–Friday: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.

This is my favorite pet shop in the area. The people are pretty knowledgable, and I've been going there for years. There was only one time that their advice was questionable that I know of. They have a great selection of freshwater fish, saltwater fish and rock and critters, and all you need, they have tankbusters in their own room, they have wild stock of angel, and other cichlids and they have a bunch of killies, all sorts of stuff. Their tanks are typically clean and well cared for and the maintenance level is pretty good. They don't have a wide selection of meds and all that but their livestock selection is far and wide.

Caesar's

Caesar's Tropical Fish Factory
1648 Piner Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
(707) 546-7456

A fish-only operation. Caesar is a dedicated aquarist who is commited to promoting the hobby of fish keeping, and most of his employees are knowledgable fishkeepers. If they have doubts about a customers ability/facility to keep a particular fish (i.e too small tank ect.), they won't make a sale. Good healthy stock that turns over rapidly, and if they don't have it, they can get it.

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
www.freshwaterfanatics.com
Pet Pourii
7027 Evergreen Way Everett, WA
(425) 348-9085
none
8 am to 9 pm
Pretty diverse selection of fish. Almost always have some sort of rare fish. All tanks are well taken care of, very clean. Each tank has its own filtration, no centralized system so if disease shows up it stays isolated. Prices are a little high, but its worth it for the only good fish store in town.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store