what to put into a 35 u.s. gallon aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hanif

AC Members
Feb 17, 2003
west yorkshire in england
Visit site
my 35 u.s. gallon aquarium is now empty due to a new 42 gallon aquarium so i need ideas for a pair of cichlids that will be comfortable in a 35 gallon tank, so cichlids which are around 7cm-9cm which are not very aggressive, and are colourful, with a lot of character any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
Colorful and mildly aggessive cichlids that get about 4-5" long are Labidochromis caeruleus, the golden lab, electric yellow hap, etc. I like these guys alot and they really contributed to me becoming a cichlidophile. Otherwise, I've really take to my Bolivian rams, Microgeophagus altospinosa. They're about 3" longs, lots of color and are pretty personable once they get over their timidness. Other choices include alot of the Tanginykans. Julidochromis, Neolamprologus, Altolamprologus all stay in the 2"-6", have lots of color, and probably will breed easily.

hanif

AC Members
Feb 17, 2003
west yorkshire in england
Visit site
yellow labs

yeh thanks for all your information and i also agree with you about the yellow labs as i keep several in a 42 u.s gallon tank and have successfully bred three lots of fry, which produced around 60 fry, there great fun and luck amazing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store