Percula Clown - Is He Dying?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

skiffalope

Washed up on the Reef
May 15, 2006
Riverside, CA
One of my clowns is hanging out on the bottom of the tank and doing nothing. When he does move, he seems disoriented or that his bouyancy is off. My other clown, tang, damsel and everyone else appear to be find.

Also, I just lost my Emerald Crab. I admit I've been having trouble with nitrates and getting my phosphate under control. I think I've at least got phosphates under control and nitrates through more regular water changes.

Please help.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
What are your readings now and what's the worse that they've been and when? Also how quicly did you improve your water quality? Do you have crushed coral and how long has your tank been up? Sorry to give you the 3rd degree but, it will help get you a better answer.

skiffalope

Washed up on the Reef
May 15, 2006
Riverside, CA
It'a pretty basic setup LS and LR. I don't have a nitrate or phosphate tester, but I did have a major algae problem for about a month or two which I resolved by replacing my PhosBan media. The algae seems to have gone away or at least receded. Other then that, the numbers are good with the tank, Nitrites and Ammonia minimal levels and pH is right at 8. One other problem was a very high salt density which I recently corrected.

I'd say I let my tank go for about 6 weeks without any good maintenance.

skippy2

AC Members
Mar 14, 2004
holland, mi
Visit site
If you are still experiencing NI and Amm. then you are still cycling. Do you have a qt. tank you could maybe but all your fish in till the cycling is done?

skiffalope

Washed up on the Reef
May 15, 2006
Riverside, CA
He died. Nothing more to be done for him. Other fish still healthy.

rightnow

AC Members
Jul 1, 2006
I was going to tell you there is really no hope, once they start to swim funny and stay near the corners of the tank, stop eating, they are pretty much gone!

skiffalope

Washed up on the Reef
May 15, 2006
Riverside, CA
Yeah, it sucks, but what can you do. I'm looking at getting some type of Refugium setup which I think will help with this problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store