Ich cure

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rayjay1234

AC Members
Sep 14, 2006
Does anyone know a cure for Ich OTHER than the typical medications that are out there. I've currently been treating my poor German Blue (or Bolivian...there is controversy) for a case of Ich which is getting worse despite the treatments. My tetra's had it a while ago but this treatment got rid of it, but seems to have no effect on him.

I've heard of salt, 1tsp per gallon. I have sea salt (from the grocery store), nothing added to it as far as i know. Will that work?? help

fishn10s

AC Members
Aug 28, 2006
Southern Calif
rayjay1234 said:
Does anyone know a cure for Ich OTHER than the typical medications that are out there. I've currently been treating my poor German Blue (or Bolivian...there is controversy) for a case of Ich which is getting worse despite the treatments. My tetra's had it a while ago but this treatment got rid of it, but seems to have no effect on him.

I've heard of salt, 1tsp per gallon. I have sea salt (from the grocery store), nothing added to it as far as i know. Will that work?? help
This question comes up conistantly and the response referring to the listed site also bears repeating. It is great information. Just follow the instructions completely and it should take care of the problem. I started treatment 8 days ago and everything is going great. I will soon be dropping my temp back to the 79-80 degrees that I usually do and begin water changes without the salt. Its great to be armed with information to deal with such a common problem. Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store