I need help to identify this anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

derek681

AC Members
Nov 27, 2005
I need help to identify an anemone but i don't know how to upload the photo could someone explain to me how to upload a photo or point me in the right direction. Cheers.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
what sort of lights do you have? It lookes very bleached to me and that's not good for the long term health of your critter. I'd suggest giving it extra food and more light.
sorry

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
I'm sorry if that came off wrong I shouldn't have jumped to a conclusion my apologies. I still think that it looks bleached if you give it some tlc it will hopefully recover. It really is pretty but, lfs and collectors do some pretty bad things with anems :(. Please, keep us posted with how it's doing I'll do everything I can to help you with it.

derek681

AC Members
Nov 27, 2005
Thanks, if it is starting to bleach or is bleached how can i tell and what measures can i take to help the nem recover. One other thing, attached to its foot was a hermit crab which i didn't know was there untill i was taking the photo and i saw something moving underneath it but it looks a little odd it has one claw bigger than the other i would say twice the size and both claws or white on the end, any ideas if it is reef safe or what sort of hermit it is as i have both red legs and blue legs and it looks nothing like either of them. Cheers.

Last edited:

hooked82

AC Members
Aug 20, 2006
It sounds to me that it could be a Hawaiian Zebra Hermit Crab otherwise known as the left-handed hermit due to its left claw bigger than the right. Without a picture its hard to say. If it is, then it is reef safe. Depending on who you ask though hehe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store