Does this sound good?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mazeman22

Marine Biologist in the MAKING!!!!
Jul 31, 2006
Missouri
I made my final list of fish i want to be in my 55g tank. Here it is:

1 angelfish (centerpiece)
1 silver dollar (he is from my 10g)
7 panda cories
7 lemon tetras
3 kuhli loaches
7 rosboras
1 honey gourami

If this doesn't work plz make some suggestions? :huh:

Cade

AC Members
Sep 24, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta
May I suggest some Bosemani Rainbows (forgive the spelling) They were a great addition to my 66 Gallon and seem to do well in a peaceful tank

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
a single SD is not a happy fish, not to mention he will OS your tank. return him to the store, and get either th cories or the loaches, but not both.

Bitsy

Intelligent,Conservative,Beautiful
Dec 3, 2005
Jenison, MI
www.myspace.com
fishcatch22 said:
a single SD is not a happy fish, not to mention he will OS your tank. return him to the store, and get either th cories or the loaches, but not both.

I see nothing wrong him having both the kuhlie loaches and the panda corys. In my 55 gallon I have:
4 Kuhlie Loaches
4 Emerald Corys
4 Schwartzs Corys
15 Cardinal Tetras
2 Male Fancy Guppies (hitch hikers!!)
2 Mystery snails
??????? Ghost Shrimp

Everyone is happy and healthy and I do not feel that it is over stocked. Now having the Silver Dollar is another thing. Silver Dollars are schooling fish and will not be happy alone in a 55. Also look out for your rasboras, as your angelfish grows you may find that they slowly dissapear, one by one......

mazeman22

Jul 31, 2006
Missouri
ok i think i'll take out the rosboras, but i really love kuhli loaches and cories so i think i'll keep them. Now for the rainbows... I don't know one thing about them... They are very pretty but i'll have to do some researching before i think of adding them. Now about the silver dollar, I can't take him back! I rescued him from walmart since i knew if i left him there, he would just die and he is such a pretty spotted silver. Walmart had him with 3 spotted puffers and some upside down catfish, and at that time i knew the puffers were aggressive!

Web Gazelle

Guardian Of The Cave
Dec 1, 2004
Planet Earth
Angels prefer to live in schools. That is the only thing I would suggest reconsidering.

boofish2

show me your fish
Aug 5, 2006
I agree with FC about the silver dollar. They really are schooling fish and a lone one will probably not thrive. How about instead of the Gourami and SD you have a pair of angels? Not a breeding pair persay, but maybe same sex?
Good luck!

mazeman22

Jul 31, 2006
Missouri
The thing about the angelfish is I don't want to get a pair. They would make the tank hell for the other fish and that isn't what i want for them.... Should i take away the angelfish and keep the rosboras and maybe add another silver dollar or something?

edit: I don't know how to sex angelfish so it would be like russian routine(i suck at spelling)

Last edited:

Web Gazelle

Guardian Of The Cave
Dec 1, 2004
Planet Earth
Get rid of the Angel and maybe get another Honey Gourami.

mazeman22

Jul 31, 2006
Missouri
Would they get territorial?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store