Clamped fins, stringy exrement and paler than norm. colouration...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
Ok, need some help here on fish health. What does clamped fins, stringly excrement, slightly paler than normal colouration and decreased activity gennerally indicate? No new introductions of any kind have been made within the last few months, no major changes lately, all other inhabitants are acting normal (soft corals,snails, hermits, cleaner shrimp, yellow tang, perc. clown) and haven't thoght to test water prams yet (will do that as soon as I finish posting). The fish showing the symptoms is a "polka dot cardinal". Couldn't find anything in my books other than the clamped fins indicate disease or illness, however I knew that already. More details can be provided if needed. Fish health is something I know relitively little about, so any and all help is highly apprecieated.

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
could it be internal parasites? That would explain the stringy excrement as well as general signs of not feeling well.

I think parasites can live in the body for a long time. When they finally get a chance to overtake the fish, for whatever reason, then you start getting symptoms? Not totally sure, though. I don't know if the fish should have had white runny feces from Day 1 of infection, or just when it starts to get overrun by the IP's :huh:

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store