What color to paint my Stand and Hood/

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mikelush78

AC Members
Jun 30, 2006
Rochester
I am going to paint my Stand and hood and was wondering what color everyone would suggest... I was going to paint it all black... What do you think?

emill1404

fishy character
Aug 26, 2006
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Nice looking tank. How about staining/varnishing it? What other kinds of furniture do you have in the room? You certainly can't go wrong with black but a nice tank stand and cover can stand out and really show off your tank, so I'd try to coordinate with the rest of the room but thats just me.

Let's see some more pics once you're done!

mikelush78

AC Members
Jun 30, 2006
Rochester
I have to paint it due to the fact that i had planned on painting it black and there fore got white caulk to fill small gaps :)

Ill get more pics when done soon
Thanks

rbell219

AC Members
Nov 12, 2005
I'm a big fan of black cabinets and hoods. IMO it lets the tank be the center piece, but with a cabinet like that......hmmm. Both are the center piece really. Still, I say black semigloss.

mikelush78

AC Members
Jun 30, 2006
Rochester
HMMMMM I bought glossy because eceryone said it would better to repell the water. I am not a huge fan of glossy and think it my be to shinny? Should i stop pwith the glossy and get a semi glossy?

Suggestions fast.... otherwise i will keep painting... i hahve only painted the inside so far with glossy...

Will it look bad glossy?

Last edited:

rbell219

AC Members
Nov 12, 2005
The stand I have is semi-gloss and it cleans up pretty easy. Gloss is the easiest to clean, then semi-gloss, and so on. It's all a matter of preference. If you don't like the way gloss looks on the INSIDE, you'll probably hate it on the outside. If you want to paint over the inside, you'll need to lightly sand it after it cures to scratch the surface so yoru next coat will stick.

mikelush78

AC Members
Jun 30, 2006
Rochester
I decided to keep it glossy on the inside and paint it semi gloss on the outised. That way it wil be the easiest to clean up on the inside. The ouside will look better with semiglos I agree...
Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store