Post your home remedies...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Ok, we all have different backgrounds, and I'm sure many of us still use those home remedies our grandmothers would tell us about when it comes to ear aches, burns, etc. etc.

Let's hear some of yours...

Mine deals with headaches... Really bad headaches that any pill won't get rid of. ... you take a potatoe, peel it, and cut three sliced (maybe 1/4" thick). Place a slice on each temple, and one (or two) on the center of your forehead. Wrap a bandana over your head, and go lie down. . . .

Sounds pretty silly, but it really does help! I haven't done this in years, but I remember having used this method when I would get some terrible headaches, and it would help!!

:)

budrecki

Trust me, it's for your own good.
Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL
Take 4 and call me in the morning......4 of any thing. Tylenol, Advil, aspirin, whatever.

Now where's my $85 bucks?

hope

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
Iowa
www.targrafix.com
Cleaning your microwave:

When you have things explode, spill, or it just gets greasy! I won't use cleaners in there, but I use lemons! I take a lemon (cut in half) and put half of it in a microwave safe dish (glass), put water in (enough to cover the lemon) and put it in the microwave for 5 minutes. When it's done, wipe down the inside of the microwave and if it didn't get it all, do it again (with the other half) :dance2:

Marker on table:

We used to do this at the day care I helped out at in the summer. Take shaving cream and rub it all over the marker stains on the table (obviously test it before using on your table). Let it sit for awhile, and then rub it off. You may have to scrub a little bit, but it always came off for us!

boofish2

show me your fish
Aug 5, 2006
A cotton ball with bleach works best for taking the itch out of mosquito bites.
Rub sea salt on newly spilled red wine stains - keep rubbing vigorously until salt turns purple then start again with fresh salt until stain is gone!! Really works!

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
nyquill is just low alcohol jagermeister ;)

if you have chest congestion, boil a pot of water with a few bay leaves, or eucaliptus, put a towel over your head and breathe the fumes. It may burn a litle, but you will cough up most of the stuff clogging you up.

sarcare

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
My parents have two fail safe cures for anything that may be wrong: get exercize and drink more water. If you aren't feeling well, the first question they ask is: have you been out for a walk today? If you have a cold, they want to know if you are drinking enough water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store