chilling damsel fish!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fier660r

AC Members
Sep 10, 2006
all he does is chill out in this corner.. and if not he hides behind rock all day ... is this normal or does he need another fish to keep him busy .. i know they are territorial .. but i have had fish that are territorial but at least they scope out the tank .. not just chill.. AND i never see him eat .. ? i give flakes .. plankton there huge too.. brine shrimp puff what ever they are .. i mean i tried everything .. what does he eat .. there no lfs near me to go ask .. and not listed in phone book .. and i work at pets mart and they dont know crap..

Last edited:

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
he should be more social. how long have you had him? is he breathing heavy? any other symptoms of an unhealthy fish?

fier660r

AC Members
Sep 10, 2006
yeah it kinda loks like he is breathing a little heavy , what else should i look for?.. i have had him for 3 days now .. ohh and to mention he is the only fish in the tank besides the anemone and inverts ..

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Welcome to Aquaria Central! You will find wealths of info here. How long has the tank been set up for? Sometimes Damsels are just odd, Marine fish should not be eating flake type food. They require the frozen foods in order to keep their color. Try some frozen foods (formula one, two, etc) and see if he eats that and becomes more active. Anyway hope this helps, good luck and welcome (as a side note, of course Petsmart won't know anything, they don't sell saltwater, I worked at one for almost 2 years and I was the only one there that knew anything about saltwater).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store