HELP! Clownfish eggs!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Grey_Knights

Registered Member
Oct 2, 2006
ok, i dunno how this happened but i had my tank for about 1 yr now. anyways i have 3 clownfish (althought i call them nemos), n i just noticed one of the fish isnt leaving his territory for food or anything for the past 2 days. n today i just noticed a patch of white colored eggs on this rock next to the anonomy (srry dunno how to spell, is that coral the clownfish live in).

anyways i am not sure if its her eggs or not, if it is what should i do? i really wana hatch some nemos =]

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
Grey_Knights said:
anyways i am not sure if its her eggs or not, if it is what should i do?
Leave them in the tank, in order to raise the clownfish, you need to have rotifers to feed them and in order to rasie the rotifers to feed the clown fish, you need to raise phytoplankton. It's to late for this batch to get all that going.

Grey_Knights

Registered Member
Oct 2, 2006
oh nuts, u u mean there is no way i can keep this batch alive? if not when i can expect the next batch of eggs?

oh n another question, if the eggs do hatch would the bigger fish eat the baby clown fish? i have 1 purple tang, 1 yellow tang, banna rash, and two angel fish.

Last edited:

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Welcome to Aquaria Central and congratulations on the clownfish eggs! Generally once a pair starts then they keep going and don't stop. Not sure the exact next time they will have them but if you want to raise them start getting the rotifers and phytoplankton going. The other fish would probably eat the babies. It needs to be a species tank if you want them to survive. There is one lfs that has a pair that lays eggs all the time but is a community tank so the babies never survive (they also don't feed the babies either). Anyway hope this helps, good luck and welcome to Aquaria Central!

Red Tailed Wonder

AC Members
Feb 21, 2005
After they have done it once they will start turning into platys lol... yeah they do it ever 6-7 weeks.

welcome to AC!

kcooley

freeswimming
Dec 14, 2005
MN
hikari now offers a frozen rotifer. i saw it yesterday right next to the BBS

Grey_Knights

Registered Member
Oct 2, 2006
Flagfish said:
After they have done it once they will start turning into platys lol... yeah they do it ever 6-7 weeks.

welcome to AC!
thx everyone for ur help! oh by the way what is an Platys? lol srry i am kinda a noob when it comes to this things

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store