Tinfoil barbs as feeders??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquariaddictus

occasional user
Aug 17, 2002
STL MO
I really didn't think this could happen. One 7" albino tinfoil barb is here in this pic. Moral: don't underestimate the stretching ability of a cat's mouth.

aquariaddictus

occasional user
Aug 17, 2002
STL MO
Do you want me to post a pic when I fillet him and have a fried pim sammich?? Lettuce, onion, pickle, tartar sauce, um-um good!:D

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
No, that would be cruelty to animals. We'll call the ASPCA on you :D! I am involved in an aquaculture program at my high school, and we raise Tilapia to be eaten. After seeing what these fish go through I will never eat a fish again! Wait, I haven't eaten a fish in 2 years! Poor fishies :( !

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
MSL, we used to have one of those programs at my high school...if I had been into fish then, I would've been frustrated at my involvement in the class, but, at that point, I had cleaned enough **** sponges that I just wanted to see them gone at the end of the year.

Now I look back and regret that deeply. I'd even go to an Asian market like H8PF13 here and rescue some Tilapia because of my feelings toward fish now.

Just thought that I would share!

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
The class ain't all that fun though since I know more than the teacher! It is pretty pointless. Thank goodness I am a Senior and will be going to college this fall! We have our own individual projects (I have a fw, bw, and saltwater setup) but it is still not that much fun. I would rather be at home admiring my fish! Oh well! GER1023, I'm sure there are many more graphic photos of fish eat fish on the net but I was just having some fun with one of the other mods!

aquariaddictus

occasional user
Aug 17, 2002
STL MO
Yep, just a little fun. I'm sure there's only one here involved who doesn't see this as falling under the 'live and learn' category; and that barb's not talking anymore:(

BTW, he's about 18" and ready for new digs, which we're working on. I may have to put him outside temporarily when the pond temp gets warm enough. Lookout birds and squirrels!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store