F Guppy Chasing F Balloon Molly?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

guppySPRINKLES

Out to Save the Planet
Sep 30, 2006
Southeastern United States
:fairy: Thanks for taking a look at my thread.

My female guppy (which I believe is at the beginning of a pregnancy) is chasing around my female balloon Molly. Why is Sprinkles (my guppy) chasing Molly (my Balloon Molly)?

kraemerwa2003

AC Members
Oct 2, 2006
Las Vegas, Nevada
www.myspace.com
pregnant guppies can be very territorial, marking their territory for birthing, etc. No matter how early it could be, they incubate quickly. my pregnant female guppies chase around my non-pregnant ones...

guppySPRINKLES

Out to Save the Planet
Sep 30, 2006
Is she or is she not?

There are four pictures of my female Guppy, Sprinkles. I'm sorry for the seemingly low-quality pictures, but it is hard to get high-quality from the outside of the tank. :eek: ..... Well, if anyone can tell whether or not she's pregnant, please speak up! LOL. Thanks for your attention! :)

Fish.Guppy.Sprinkles.A.jpg Fish.Guppy.Sprinkles.B.jpg Fish.Guppy.Sprinkles.C.jpg Fish.Guppy.Sprinkles.D.jpg

guppySPRINKLES

Out to Save the Planet
Sep 30, 2006
What should I do with her?

:help: I have now been told that Guppies are almost always pregnant.... so there is almost no chance that she's not, right? I am soooooo excited! It would be my first fry... ever! I have a 5-gallon tank that I transferred out of a few weeks ago. I still have it and plan on putting her there later on. Any ideas on when? Should I? How do I know when the right moment is to transfer her without causing stress, which leads to her aborting the pregnancy? Thanks for taking the time to help me out! :help:

guppySPRINKLES

Out to Save the Planet
Sep 30, 2006
Thanks, all but my last question is answered.

*CASE SHUT!*

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store