Is the aqua-tech power filter any good?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
I got an aqua-tech power filter with my 20 gallon kit. Is it any good? Also, is it quiet? What kind of cartidges do I need to buy for it?

rosita

Here
Jan 11, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
seabass, you'll probably get more and better responses if you post this in the right forum. just a heads-up, hun. ;)

Needeles

AC Members
Jun 5, 2006
Wisconsin
I have one that is good for up to a 30g tank. Now it does work pretty good and seems to be pretty quiet. The only problem I have ever had with it is it will not always start back up after plugging it in. I have to kind of fiddle with it first then it starts. Other then that is works nicely.

On a side note, I have moved this to the correct area.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Set up Complete!!! Woohoo

I just set it up, and water flows from it the whole time, so why do you say it only filters 5 times an hour? Is it going to stop the flow of water soon, and is that why it's 5 times an hour?

CoreyMac

AC Members
Sep 15, 2006
Greer, SC
He (or she) is saying that the filter only filters ALL of the water 5 times in one hour. That is - in 1 hour it would pull 100 gallons through.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
ok. thanks.

for a 20 gallon tank, is 5 times an hour ok, if I don't stock it too fully?

Phrag

AC Members
Sep 26, 2006
My vote is, run the powerfilter in conjunction with an Undergravel Filter. Put the powerfilter intake in the intake tube of the UGF.

Having that much flow cuts down on the amount of "gunk" that forms underneath the UGF since it's going to get sucked up by the powerfilter. Doing this will also reduce the load on your powerfilter a bit. Don't forget to gravel vacuum (it's important for any tank), and your filtration will be just fine.

heh, doing this in my tank gets some pretty good results (for a 55 gallon tank). I've had snails that got under the UGF plates get sucked up to and stuck on the powerfilter intake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store