Clown Plecs-timid?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aardvark1

Too many tanks are almost enough...
Sep 27, 2005
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
Got me a clown plec about a month ago; have only seen him (I'm assuming male....) twice since then.

Most of the time he is way in the back of the tank, hiding behind a plant or under the filter intake.

Parameters are good, the Angel Fishies and two each baby BN plecs are always out and about (Angels floating around eating and just being cool, BN hanging on the glass or on a plant leaf sucking away-gotten twice as large when I got them also a month ago)

Nocturnal? Might be having a fishie party when the lights are out? Seems to have a chubby belly (as best as I can make out) so he's eating good.

He's a good lookin' fishie; just wish I could see him more!

hmilstead

Heather
Aug 7, 2006
Glendale, AZ
We have a bristlenose pleco named Mr. Clean. Only see him occasionally as well. He likes to lay upside down under his driftwood. My 3 year loves him and wishes she could see him more.

kcooley

freeswimming
Dec 14, 2005
MN
plecos are nocturnal. if you have similar colored objects for them to hide on in your tank they will be out more. i had a gold nugget which would never leave his black rock until the lights went off. i never saw him unless i chased him out

portosat

poor college student
Apr 2, 2005
chicago
I have a clown pleco growing out in my cichlid fry tank

I was pretty sure he was dead for about 3 months and he finally resurfaced yesterday. He got chased out by one of the cichlids that is finally getting to size to re-enter the main tank.

Quite the timid pleco compared to my albino bristlenose who is out and about all day. The cichlid tank has remained completely algae free, which I assumed was the fry pigging out, but it was probably him. (and now I'm feeling really bad because I wasn't even feeding him anymore cause I thought he was dead... just started adding algae waffers and other supplements for him, hopefully it'll accelerate up his growth a little more)

aardvark1

Too many tanks are almost enough...
Sep 27, 2005
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
SAw him again the other day.

Came home, was feeding the fishies and there he was, sucking on a plant.

Wish I'd realised they were that skittish; my 2 BN are always out and about, and Raplh the common in the other tank is about in the evenings...

shaunakadub

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
Eventually (atleast in my case) my clown has gotten to the point where he'll hang out somewhere where I can see him most of the day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store