pajama cardinal v. damsel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sharpie

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
after the live rocks cycles the tank, instead of adding damsels as a first fish( not to cycle the tank) could i add 1 pajama cardinal as a first fish. they are 10 bucks at my lfs and they wont attack any of the other fish that i will want to put in to the tank in the future. i am just looking in to a cheaper fisf that wont hurt other fish.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Yes, you could add the cardinal instead of a damsel but, they like friends! You could do 2 p.j.'s in there but, that would be the absolute limit as a matter of fact you'd be a bit overstocked.

sharpie

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
maxilaria said:
Yes, you could add the cardinal instead of a damsel but, they like friends! You could do 2 p.j.'s in there but, that would be the absolute limit as a matter of fact you'd be a bit overstocked.
id be a bit over stocked with 2 p cardinals in a 55 g. tank? are you kiddin me?

Last edited:

oscar83

AC Members
May 21, 2004
Middletown, NJ
def not. max mustve misread something b/c u didnt even give ur tank info so i dunno where he got that from. i would go with the pj cards instead of damsels b/c like DF said they can get to be quite aggressive.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
nope , not overstocked I thought you had a 10 sorry.

Kris04

AC Members
Oct 6, 2006
WA
I did the live rock cycle and then I had some damsel fish and the damsel fish have been cleared out but one to other tanks so that they don't act aggressive to my other fish. they sure do like to pick on fish as they grow. or at least that is what happened to me. I started with my 55 gallon tank so they had plenty of room, no matter what fish i tried first but still they got nippy and chased fish until removed to more agressive fish tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store