Spots on Featherfin after Ick treatment started.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ilikewhatisee

Aqua-Guru Wannabe
Sep 10, 2006
Webster, NY

Began Ick treatment (Salt 2tsp/gal and temp to 86 dergees) on 9/30 when I noticed spots on my Clown Loaches. No spots on any other fish at the time.

Ick was off Loaches on 10/5 and figured I was in the home stretch with just a few days to go.

These two spots showed up on my Featherfin on 10/8. One on his head slightly to the right as you face him and one on his left side at the base of his dorsal fin.

After seeing the pic of fleehouse2's Khuli I thought maybe it's just a continuation of my Ick problem. But from what I read I thought Ick was only about the size of a grain of salt and this is much bigger than that. His spots are about about 4 mm across.

He seems healthy and happy with the exception of those two spots. He's active and eats well. Gets along well with all his tankmates.

So, what do ya think?

Thanks as always,
Paul

Ilikewhatisee

Aqua-Guru Wannabe
Sep 10, 2006
Webster, NY
Doubt it was the Bichir. He's Albino and blind as a bat. Takes him 20 min to find a cricket in the corner after bumping it a half dozen times.

However, we took the Blue Lobster out of that tank a couple days ago. They did share the same large rock. Looking back I think that does make sense.

Anything I should do to help him on his way to recovery? Is the high salt levels gonna stress him if they are wounds? Would adding a little extra stresscoat help?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store