'bout time I introduce myself...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aardvark1

Too many tanks are almost enough...
Sep 27, 2005
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
Art from Warner Robins Georgia.

53, retired USAF, single (confirmed Bacholor!), gunsmith by trade (check out my bizz at Aardvark Arms . Also run a Home Brew shop in the same place, Brewmasters .

Been keeping fishies now for a little over a year, made mistakes, but learning from them.

Hobbies (besides the fishies), Into Land Rovers (own a 1960 Series II), and am also a Boy Scout Leader (ASST Scoutmaster, Troop 566, Warner Robins GA). Was a Scout and member of the OA as a Lad, trying to pass on my life experiences to the Lads of today (besides, don't know who has more fun on the camp-outs me, or them!)

So , Howdy!

:hi: :hi: :hi:

Apr 11, 2006
Eatonton,GA
hehe welcome to AC :dance2:

coupedefleur

AC Members
Jul 25, 2006
NW Ohio
Cool- someone else my age that collects old cars. I did not realize (or forgot!) that Aardvark was only an unofficial nickname for the 111.

As a homebrew guy, maybe you can help all us plant growers with some sort of yeast that works with temps in the 60's. Those of us with basement tanks, or turned-down thermostats in the winter have trouble generating enough DIY CO2~

Anyway, welcome! What kinds of fish are you most interested in?

ps- your "lathe for sale" link seems to be dead.

Last edited:

Tesla_HV

AC Members
Jul 7, 2006
Welcome,
I have two boys in Scouts. One is a Bear and the other a Weblos I. I have a Ruger Mark III bull barrel with a Tasco red dot that I use for standard pistol competition. Got a good deal on a 1911? :D Up until about a year ago, I owned a 1966 Fairlane GT 428 4-speed. Good to have you on the board.

aardvark1

Sep 27, 2005
Coupe-

The F-111 was the only A/c in the Air Force without an official name until it was retired; "Aardvark" was one of the printable unofficial names!

Yeast at low temps; wine yeast is at it's best from 65-75 degrees. Lower it slows down fermentation, higher it dies off.

Red Star Champagne yeast seems to work the best at the lower temps..

Tesla-

I'm mostly a gunsmith, not much in the sales. 1911's normally don't last long in the display case...

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
hi Art! You've got quite an ecclectic mix of interests, always a good thing. Your'e always one of my favorites on the boards. I just really enjoy your laid-back attitude and sense of humor :)

koi keeper

Registered Member
Mar 8, 2004
Visit site
I know you and the yellow rover you drive too. ;)

aardvark1 said:
Art from Warner Robins Georgia.

53, retired USAF, single (confirmed Bacholor!), gunsmith by trade (check out my bizz at Aardvark Arms . Also run a Home Brew shop in the same place, Brewmasters .

Been keeping fishies now for a little over a year, made mistakes, but learning from them.

Hobbies (besides the fishies), Into Land Rovers (own a 1960 Series II), and am also a Boy Scout Leader (ASST Scoutmaster, Troop 566, Warner Robins GA). Was a Scout and member of the OA as a Lad, trying to pass on my life experiences to the Lads of today (besides, don't know who has more fun on the camp-outs me, or them!)

So , Howdy!

:hi: :hi: :hi:
:dive2:

Let me know when you want to hand off those snails.

aardvark1

Sep 27, 2005
I think I know who this is...

Got a son in my troop; told you about the snails last night?

Either that or someones stalkin' me!

:rolleyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store