10 gallon tank puffers?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
for any puffers the answer is no. if you wanted to raise a single green spotted puffer it's possible for about 7 months then you need a considerably larger tank (around 40 gallons).

isaac newton

AC Members
Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
hmmm

How big do green spotted puffers get??? I see them at my LPS and they are quite small and 10 are being keeped in a 8 gallon aquarium in mint condition>?

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
Green spotted puffers get to 6" and cannot be kept well in a tank nearly so small as a ten. They are messy eaters and do best with high brackish to marine water. A 30-long or 40-long would be good for a singleton.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Keep in mind that the LFS will seldom have adults--they bring in juveniles for sale. The largest I have seen in an LFS was about 4 inches, while I have seen several specimens int he 6 inch range in home aquariums.

isaac newton

AC Members
Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
hmmmm ok... Is there any species i can care for in a 30 gallon tank.. (EXCULDING THE DWARF PUFFER.. SEEN EM IN PETSMART. TO SMALL). Concluding from the size they get to be.. Im aiming toward 4 figure 8's (with planted tank)... In conclusion to you statements, it seems the green spotted puffer is a bit to big and agressive.

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
I still wouldn't put 4 of ANY kind of puffer in a 30. Puffers are EXTREMELY territorial, and we as brackish people should be lucky that we can even keep two puffers together because with marine there is a slim chance that you could keep more than one puffer in the same tank. I would not keep more than 2 puffers in a 30 gallon period.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store