commom mistakes

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

roger1

AC Members
Oct 1, 2006
what are common mistakes in keeping fish only systems due to fish have little life? i think there may be alot of but some specific?

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
If you mean that they aren't moving around a lot I'd check my water flow rate 1st. You need a pump rated for at least 10x per hour. A little more info would be most helpful

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
I think he means what common mistake people make that might kill their fish?

doggiestlist

AC Members
Oct 19, 2006
improper diet is one of the most common mistakes hobbiest make when they keep marine fish..not doing extencive research before or after purchasing any species..although reading or relying other hobbiest experiences can go along way in some (most often) new hobbiest are givin false information when it comes to dietary requirements for each indevidual species they house ..even in a lesser than adiquate water quality these fish can thrive if their imune systems are at best..proper feeding and scheduling are required to do so

Colombian_Shark

King Catfish
Jan 23, 2006
Many aquarists are too big of a hurry to stock their tanks. If you don't let the tank cycle and slowly increase its bioload afterward, the result could be a toxic slump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store