Would 2 emperor 400s be good for a 75 g tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rocketman

Detroit; proud of it.
Oct 24, 2002
Detroit, MI
Real Name
Reid
Hey, powerheads just give your fish some current, or, in your case, mix up the water so you can avoid 'dead spots' in water current. These are areas where there is no current, and therefore no movement, in the water, (hence the 'dead'.) With a 75 Gallon though, I would go with a canister NJ, but thats only my opinion. Other than that, th two Emps would do fine.

Ledslnger

AC Members
Nov 1, 2001
Sioux City, IA
I would recommend 2 AC 500s or 1AC 500 and 1 Emporer. Less maintenance time involved with the AC 500s + I like to add the cell-pore inserts to them. They kick rear even more then. The Emporers you need to break down a lot more to clean them for them to be working at their best.

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
Originally posted by Rocketman
Hey, powerheads just give your fish some current, or, in your case, mix up the water so you can avoid 'dead spots' in water current. These are areas where there is no current, and therefore no movement, in the water, (hence the 'dead'.) With a 75 Gallon though, I would go with a canister NJ, but thats only my opinion. Other than that, th two Emps would do fine.
Theres your answer what a powerhead does... makes a nice current thats all. ;)

xerxessm

Registered Member
Jan 25, 2002
The Big D
agree with ledsliger. and ac500 and an emp 400. less maintenence and with 900 gallons per hour, you won't need a powerhead either.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store