condylactus anomone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kate012076

Registered Member
Apr 1, 2003
Balt. MD
Visit site
I have a new condylactus anomone and I am having trouble know if he is happy and healthy. I took out a hermit crab who seemed a little too interested in him, he is eating very well(spirulina enhanced brine-shrimp,daphina zooplankton, chopped krill,hakari mega marine food and Kent marine "zoe" liquid supplement) He has positioned himself near the bubble bar along the back of the tank letting the bubbles rise aroun him. This morning he was underneath the bar and this looked quite uncomfortable so I went to move it off of him and he got stuck to me and then got in the flow of one of the power heads and blown across the tank. So I got him repositioned in his usual spot but thr ride in the current got him covered in sand and coral rubble. The bubbles I think are helping and he still took food that I squirted at him readily. His color lookes good I think, I do not have any expereience, but he is inflated with flourecent green sheen on his tentacles more vibrant towards the tips of the tentacles. Do you think he's o.k.?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Don't move it. Let the anemone find a spot that it likes all by itself. Moving it can be very stressful and cause damage. Condies tend to be some of the hardier anemones, if adequately fed with decent lighting (2-3 watts per gallon). This is not a plant that you can decide where to put--it is an animal that will move to find the best situation for it's needs. In the process, it's going to end up in some odd locations. Unless it is threatening a coral, I'd let it wander at will. Even then, I'd probably move the coral instead--the anemone will kill corals placed to near them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store