Quick Cure

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
What's quick cure? Do you have a link what are you treating for and what are your water parameters. If you could provide more information you'd get a much better answer.
:)
Max

socutemolly

AC Members
Jun 21, 2006
Quick Cure is a medication to treat ich.
I have had a 110g tank for 1 wk.
The water parameters are:
am 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5, salinity 1.025, pH 8, temp 78.
Current stocks
1 sailfin tang
1 small blue tang
1 yellowpeel angel
2 small blue chromis
1 clown trigger
I bought this tank from a moving family. The tank was greenish and smelly. A mertensii butterfly died after 1 hour moving. Two days later, a sailfin tang and clown trigger had ich. I treated them with Stop Parasite but it didn't work. All fishes are still active and eating like a pig. Now I plan to do the hypo in this tank, but my question is how can I scoop LS out of the tank without removing the water? BTW, how can I reduce a water noise from the sump? The problem is water from the over flow to the sump is not consistent. Once in a while, the water return the sump too much then it causes a loudsy noise.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
ODUCT DETAILS
AQUARIUM PRODUCTS QUICK CURE 3/4 OZ $1.77 $1.50 Save 15%

Powerful anti-parasite medication that cures Ick in 2 days!! Ideal for Freshwater and Marine aquariums Will not effect biological systems Quick Cure is the fastest treatment for curing Ick producing results in only 2 days. Ick (Ichthyophtoirius Mulfifilis) are small ciliate protozoan cysts that look like sugar or salt granules. As these cysts mature, they fall off the fish and then divide into thousands of trophonts (like spores) that can populate your tank and attach all the other fish in your tank. Quick Cure is an scientific formulation utilizing special zinc-free ingredients. Quick Cure is safe for Freshwater and Marine aquariums (though it should not be used with invertebrates).

I wouldn't use this product I saw on another site that it contains formalin a known cargenogen. It will also kill off all of the inverts in your tank and in your live rock,"I hope you have live rock 1 to 1.5 lbs per gallon", and that also won't be good for your tank for obvious reasons.
I'd guess that the ich outbreak was triggered by poor water conditions when the tank was moved it probably stirred up all sorts of gunk from the bottom of the tank. Tangs are very sensative to poor water conditions and often respond with an ich outbreak or death,":( sorry about that by the way!" I'd just make sure you kept your water quality good and maybe feed your fish a little oil of garlic mixed with their food over the next couple of weeks. Then keep an eye on things.

I also would never under any circumstances treat my whole tank with a hypo saline condition. If you have to set up a small tank fill with f.w. buffered to the same ph as the main tank and dip the fish for 3 or 4 minutes. The hypo saline conditions will have the same affect on inverts as the ich treatment so I'd avoid it. It's also not natural for the fish and will give them additional stress when they frankly don't need it.
hth
max

socutemolly

AC Members
Jun 21, 2006
The problem is I can't catch the sailfin tang and put him in a QT for treatment. He is so quick. BTW, how can I reduce a water noise from the sump? The problem is water from the over flow to the sump is not consistent. Once in a while, the water return the sump too much then it causes a loudsy noise

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
You might need to replaice the pump and make sure it's not siphoning back into the tank maybe. I'd post in the marine d.i.y. forum for much better answers than I can provide you. I'd try to get my water quality good and feed it garlic enriched foods. You can also get an friend to help you herd it into a net etc. I really wouldn't treat my main tank if I were you.
hth
max

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store