Percula Clowns and powerheads

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Angel Freak

AC Members
May 20, 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada
Hi AGAIN... Sorry for being a pain to you sw keepers... As I'm sure you know I have my 37g tank I'm going to do sw in for sure I have decided. My question is if I go and buy 2 small 1"ish percula clowns will they become a breeding pair??? If the chances are good I'd just have the Clowns in the tank alone. Is it possible for me to raise the eggs and babies??? Do you need anenomes to breed Clowns??? And lastly I have to use a powerhead that puts out 15-20x right... I'm BIG into breeding fw fish and would like to try the clowns any other advice will be accepted GREATY!!!
Thanks AGAIN...

kcooley

freeswimming
Dec 14, 2005
MN
clowns can change sex based on social order. there was an article i read recently about clowns breeding and how they eat the eggs or fry if they hatch because they normall would float away in the tide in the ocean.

but powerheads are always good in a saltwater tank

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Hi
You're not a pain that's what we're here for. Yes, if you get two juvenile clowns one will become female and the other male but, make sure that they are 1 inch or under or that there are several fish in the same tank. They can change sex sort of once they are female they won't change back if you end up with two girls you'll know pretty fast.

You can breed baby clowns in another tank but, you'll have to grow rottifers for them to eat the first weeks of their lives. You of course want to remove the parents as you attempt to raise the fry.

You don't need an anemone the fish won't care.
hth
Max

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store