Tankmates for Angelfish in 30 gallon tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

justintoxicated

AC Members
Dec 19, 2005
Well it looks like my girl friend's Angel is going to pull through. It's only in a 30 gallon tank, but it was in a 10 gallon for years. She said it is quite large though so I'm not sure if it was stunted or not? In fact I have never even sceen the fish.

She has some apple snails in there as well (brigs).

Can she Add Guppies or a Gourami for tankmates?

justintoxicated

AC Members
Dec 19, 2005
Actualy I was going to give her some colorful females since thats what the asked for. Not sure how the Angel would take it, but What gouramis would be a good peaceful tankmates? Not sure she would want Honeys like I have.

I need suggestions on stocking numbers as well since I have never had an angel and I don't know much about them.

justintoxicated

AC Members
Dec 19, 2005
jm1212 said:
a single male dwarf and females or a group of pearl gouramis would do nicely
A group? So it's ok the tank is only 30 gallons and alread has an angel? They get to about 4 inches right? So how many could she add? I like pearls but I don't think her tank will be planted so I'm not sure if they are ideal. I believe it has a 24 watt flourescet, which is less than 1 watt per gallon...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store