the coolest fish i ever owned

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

missyme06

AC Members
Oct 16, 2006

this was captan morgan, he only had one eye. the socket was grown over so he must have been born that way. got him for free cause we couldn't sell him at Petco. he was very healthy and ate well. his lack of depth perseption caused him to run in to things like the other fish and when i was catching him in the store to bring him home in stead of swimming away he just turned around so he couldn't see the net. unfortunatly he swam behind the filter one day, when i was at school and got stuck. died. poor captan morgan.

Last edited:

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
aww, poor Captain Morgan. He sounds like a cool guy. I had a friend whose goldfish had BOTH eyes eaten out by wild fish that her dad put in the tank (duh, bad idea). He lived for several more years and had a pretty normal life. Fish are very cool and resilient that way.

For the future, you might want to put a sponge or some other intake cover over your filter intake. If it was powerful enough to suck and kill a fancy goldfish, it's probably not safe for much else.

missyme06

AC Members
Oct 16, 2006
yup

it didn't suck him in, it was one that sucktion cuped on the inside of the tank and there was just enoughf room between it and the glass that he could get behind it, but not out again.
i'v changed filters sence.

Last edited:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
missy...any updates?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com