Marine Salt

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sapgranth25

AC Members
May 25, 2006
Sheffield uk
ERMMMMMM i`ve been using instant ocean but heard that its just a crap salt well as good as i`ve got soft corals in my tank so guessing i should up grade to reef crystals but i really thought that reef crystals was for hard corals mostly also if i do go with reef crystals do i need to buffer it with anything i use RO water thank you

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
I use kent marine products in all of my tanks. A lot of the major aquariums use I.O. fwiw I'd see what the trace elements listed on the salts are and get one appropriate for your critters. You might have to dose trace elements from time to time maybe.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
I use Reef Crystals in our mainly soft coral tank (there's a couple LPS). I've never heard it was mainly for hard corals. It has more trace elements and calcium than regular IO, which I think any reef tank would benefit from. For the extra $3 per bucket, I'm not sure why you wouldn't use RC instead of IO, unless you had a fish only tank. Regardless, I saw major improvement in our soft corals when I switched. I don't add anything extra to the salt mix when I make water (I use RO/DI). I only make normal, regular dosings of calcium and alkalinity buffer to our tank to keep up with consumption between water changes (there's a lot of coralline algae in our tank).

sapgranth25

AC Members
May 25, 2006
Sheffield uk
i`ve up graded my salt & gone with reef crystals hopefully i`ll see an improvement in my corals

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store