A Pinch of Personality!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Logy

AC Members
Sep 27, 2006
North Bay, Ontario
Well 2 days ago I purchased a Paradise fish for my 20 gallon, thus slightly overstocking it. I am absolutely in love with my new fish. It has such great personality and has to be one of the most curious fish I've ever owned. When I put him in the tank he explored every nook and cranny. He explored the caves (scared the corys!) and swam about the plants and other aquarium decor. I also like that he refuses to be harassed by my "evil" black skirt tetras. If one of them nips his tail, he nips right back! The coloring on this fish is amazing. When I fed him (or her) earlier today his colours really stood out! He also hovered in front of my oto and watched it eat a piece of blanched zuchinni. Didn't nip or disturb the oto, just watched it contently. He also tasted a bit of zuchinni and quickly decided that it didn't like it. Though purchasing this fish has created more work for me by making me have to do larger water changes, it also also added a pinch of personality and color to my tank was sorely lacking.

PS - I've decided to name my paradise fish "Le Tigra!"

Gaah I didn't mean to put this in Marine. I swore that I put in in Freshwater. Sorry!

icecubez189

User Registered!
Feb 15, 2006
Queens, New York
sounds great. if the paradise fish can hold its ground, im sure they can all learn to love each other. im thinking about adding a betta to my 20G as a centerpiece, but my BF tetras are quite nippy (especially male to females). i think i have to balance out the BF tetra population (currently 3 males, 4 females) and add another 2-3 females.

Cory Lover

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
B.C. Canada
Hi,

Paradise Fish are great. I had one female(Cutie-Pie) a while back. I loved her so much and had her for over three years. Cutie-Pie is probably one of my favourite fish I ever had.

Cory Lover

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store