How do I post pictures of my tanks here, and what do u guys think of my 20 gal tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
What do you guys think of my 20 gallon tank?

So, I wanted to know how I could post pictures. I do not want to have to post a link, but would actually like to post pictures here as many people do. Someone please help. I've tried the "insert image" button and then copy and pasted the url, but when it appeared in forum, it was just blank, as if I had written nothing. So you know, I have photobucket.

Last edited:

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
in photobucket, under each picture, there are three tags for posting pictures. you want the one with "img" in square brackets, i'm pretty sure its the bottom one. just copy the link and paste it into your post.

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
www.freshwaterfanatics.com
When you are posting a thread, scroll down to the blue box below where you type. Click the grey button "manage attachments" From there its pretty easy, just upload them from your computer.

Or if you have them hosted on photobucket or something similar, click on this button
when you make a post, and put in the URL for the pic.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Thnks.

So here is my tank. What do you guys think, and what could I do better on?

What you guys think?

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
I don't like the yellow coral thing, or the fact that you have a saltwater background in a FW tank. But that's personal preference. If you like it, stick with it. :)

Did you get your plants at walmart? I have the same ones. :)

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Nope I didn't haha.

Petco. Does it look suitable for the fish though? What is a good background for freshwater? What everyone else think? Also, would you please give me some ideas to make it look better? :)

Ulan

AC Members
Sep 22, 2006
The fish don't mind if you have a garishly colored artificial setup or a very natural aquascape. They just want to feel secure and have some hiding spots. Which version you choose just depends on your personal taste. The fish should be happy either way :).

Last edited:

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Does mine look very artificial?

I don't want it to. If it does, what could I modify so it would that wouldn't cost a fortune?

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
$eaba$$ said:
I don't want it to. If it does, what could I modify so it would that wouldn't cost a fortune?
It doesn't have to look natural, but if you want it to, take out the yellow coral thing and try a plain black or blue background. Its hard to get a natural look with plastic plants, but try to go with decor that is shades of brown and green. Placing plants that look alike together also gives a more natural look. Leave open areas and areas with bunches of plants. That way the fish can hide in the plant bunches, and have open area to swim in if they want.

But like has already been said, the fish don't care so just make it look how you want.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
$eaba$$ said:
nah, wouldn't cost more than $20 to fix it up with some live plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store