Naso Tang / Lipstick Tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mandarin Gobby

AC Members
Jul 31, 2006
Hi everybody,

I just bought myself a Naso Tang / Lipstick Tang. I am having trouble feeding it. Can anyone give me pointers to feed it? Cos it does is nibble on the rocks.

Thanks

Tab64

AC Members
Aug 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
I had a tang and fox face once that would not eat. Some are hard to get use to eating a different type of food than they use to. Try switching to other types like live brine shrimp of some type of frozen. Also tangs love greens, you can get some dried seaweed at your LFS or I use iceberg lettuce, not romaine which wilts very fast.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Well, if it's picking at the rocks it's eating algae etc. You might consider feeding it nori or frozen red and green macro algae, calupera etc. FWIW, I wouldn't feed ice berg lettuce it's about like eating card board. You'll be far better off feeding marine foods but, if you are going to feed a land based plant go for kale, romaine lettuce, mustard greens or other members of the cabage family,"my yellow tang loves water cress,".
Tell us a little more about your tank set up how big is it, how much live rock what other fish do you have and what are your parameters.
hth
Max

Mandarin Gobby

AC Members
Jul 31, 2006
My SWT heheheheh

Hey guys I took some picture of my SWT it aint much but its a start :) I don't know the specifications but I'll let you guys judge. I also got a snowflake eel in another tank hehehehehehhe My Naso tang is still not eating what I feed it. It is still picking on the rocks I've tried most things but still it won't eat what I fed it. It looks healthy though and fizzing around but I'm just worried....

DSC00717.JPG DSC00718.JPG DSC00722.JPG DSC00723.JPG

Mandarin Gobby

AC Members
Jul 31, 2006
Import/Export

I wonder if you guys know anything about importing narine fishes. Apparently the marine fish shop here ran out of stock for 6 months already so I have been searching the internet how to import fishes from suppliers from other countries. However, I kinda dont trust the supplier thus I need your advice.

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
importing you will need dealers license a valid import permit for ALL species you want. you may also need a tax ID and valid buisness permit depending on your state/country

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store