Looking for idea's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dr_sudz

Round Peg, In A Square hole
Nov 20, 2005
Milton Ontario, Canada
Alrighty, at work I was just givin the opertunity to re-do a 100 gallon fresh water tank. I get to choose the occupents as well as how it is to be aquascaped! Right now it is full of gold fish, araginite mixed with pink gravel, very few stones and 4 fake plants. Looks alright but want it to look jaw dropping. Aquascaping I have idea's but I am looking to see if anyone here has some ideas on a good peaceful community tank with the fish in and around 4" each.

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com
It's all personal. If I were you I'd get rid of the pink gravel, put some sand, live plants and driftwood in there and some cichlids. But I love the natural look.

kooter

AquaMan
Dec 14, 2003
Mission, BC
I would agree with Aussie. Cichlids have a great personality and can get very colorful. I would go with sand, live plants, a couple big smooth flat rocks and some driftwood. In a 100G you have some space to be creative and the room for some nice fish. Cichlids range from mild-mannered to very aggressive, so there are some choices to go from in that respect as well.

Have fun!

dr_sudz

Round Peg, In A Square hole
Nov 20, 2005
Milton Ontario, Canada
well being a true fish keeper, I took one look at the tank and went "oh god let me please right this horiffic wrong." I was thinking of using some differnt size gravels and a few stones and nice pieces of drift, and I am unfortunitly going to go with the fake plants only because I don't want to have the hassel of the live plants.

kooter

AquaMan
Dec 14, 2003
Mission, BC
Fake plants are definitely easier and don't require the care live plants do.
I am just getting into live plants and am going through the woes of live plant keeping. There is a fine line between too much light, not enough light, kH, pH swings, enough CO2?, and what about your micro/macro nutrients??
wow, I feel like I'm back in high school biology.

Have fun!

is300zx

AC Members
Jan 1, 2006
You can put a school of rainbows for colors, maybe a couple of angel fish, or maybe some apistos. Or maybe you can do an african cichlid tank. Just put a bunch of rocks for aquascaping and a lot of the fish can be colorful and even entertaining to watch.

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com
You can get good looking fake plants. I really think your best options would be a rainbow tank or an African Cichlid tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store