Help My Jag Is Sick

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Hey earlier today my Jag was perfectly normal. Well I went in my room to see her now she's like very docile has her fins clamped and is staying pretty much to one side of the tank. It looks like she might be getting Ick again and I got meds for that but she didnt act like this last time she got it. I honestly dont know the ammonia levels or any of that shes been perfectly healthy since I got her till I moved her from the cramped 30gal to a 60. But I put meds she got better. Why would she change so dramtically. Never seen her act like this before. She also has on one of her fins the tip is white like its been dyed. Nothing has been differant except the intro of 2 plecs but she had been fine il now. Please help thanks. Oh and for the meds are plecs considered scaless when it comes to meds???

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
:mad: Thanks alot for the numurious replies that helped me out. :mad: Man dont you ever respond to people actually in need of help???:mad: My Jag went back to normal with out meds all white specs vanished. :mad: Yet again thanks for all the info.:mad:

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
I'll ignore your latter post. Usually white tipped fins mean bacterial infection, though it could be something else. How long as this 60 gallon been running? She could just be feeling the effects of a cycling tank.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I apologize...I wasn't on for any of the 19 hours between posts. Sometimes you have to take what you can get...

As for this question, it didn't seem like you had a question which needed an urgent reply as the Jag went almost back to normal. She was probably stressed...that tank is too small for her and the two plecs, and she may vacillate between fine and not fine until you upgrade them.

Plecs are considered scaleless for ich meds, so you are going to maybe want to give them a wholesale water change if you have not done so already.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
No the ick went away noticed it today just the was 11 people who read but didnt respond. The tank has been running for about 4-5months now so I dont think its the cycleing. She still has the white tips on her pelvic fins. What could this be never had to deal with bacterial infections so Im in a new ball park if this is a sign of that like mentioned by VooDoo

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
GER, I just realised that I was on during those hours, so I feel even worse. Sometimes, when I only have a short time to spend online, though, as I have, I don't read posts to which I hadn't already responded. I apologize, hope that Voodoo's answer and mine were both helpful and I hope that we can work well together in the future. Apologies,

Matthew

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Well, sometimes, it takes a little longer for fish stress to manifest itself...a week could just have been enough time for it to show up.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
The only thing is Ive had her in way worse conditions and she never got like this. If you want me to list the worst condition let me know and ill give you a full discription.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store