Will this KILL my fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rob0829

AC Members
Sep 6, 2006
So I made the common newbie mistake of getting goldfish for a very small aquarium. Although I've kept them alive and well I'm thinking of getting rid of them soon as I am in the process of setting up my new tropical community tank.

My question is will it kill the goldfish to put them in a friends pond at this time of the year? It already gets quite cold at night and I'm afraid that the sudden temperature change would kill them.

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com
where are you?

rob0829

AC Members
Sep 6, 2006
CaptnDan said:
What's the temp of the water they're in, and the temp of the pond?

:OT: That makes for a great trivia question - Going south from Detroit, what's the first country you would get to?

Most people guess Cuba or Brazil....
Not sure what the temp of the pond is but what would be the maximum difference in the two temperatures??

Most people have no idea that parts of Canada are more southern than the U.S. Take a look at a map.

ewurm

LOACH HORDE!
Oct 29, 2006
MN
If you take the fish and dump them in the pond from your house, it will probably kill them. Drip them with coldwater for 24 hours. BTW, goldfish can survive cold, but you have to get them out of there before it freezes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store