Cowfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

scott foster

Who?SaidWhat?ToWho?Now.
Aug 11, 2006
barber4aO.B.Gyn.
I just droped a cowfish in my 46gal. bowfront. The only fish already in there are two damsels and a clown. Did I make a mistake?????????It was a impulse buy. Everybody is getting along so far. But it has only been about four hours. :cool:

scott foster

Who?SaidWhat?ToWho?Now.
Aug 11, 2006
barber4aO.B.Gyn.
Why wont anyone reply to my post? :sad:

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
I hear cowfish can get to be 16" long.... i'd give him back or plan on another aquarium. they also eat inverts from what i've heard. also, if they are stressed (like if your water conditions are not perfect) or they die, they release a toxin into the water.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Yes, you have just made a mistake it will out grow that tank rapidly. If you had a 200 you could dedicate to it you'd be ok. IMO they aren't worth it and they are MEAN! Always research before you buy a fish return this one if you can.
Max

scott foster

Who?SaidWhat?ToWho?Now.
Aug 11, 2006
barber4aO.B.Gyn.
What? Are you serious? Those "blank"holes at the LFS are just trying to sell me a fish. I hope your wrong. This sux.

scott foster

Who?SaidWhat?ToWho?Now.
Aug 11, 2006
barber4aO.B.Gyn.
Cripes Max, I use crushed coral too. Why is this bad?

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
scott foster said:
What? Are you serious? Those "blank"holes at the LFS are just trying to sell me a fish. I hope your wrong. This sux.
max is almost never wrong. i'd return that cowfish unless you can make a large species aquarium for it as max said.

Magpen

AC Members
May 18, 2004
Colorado Springs, CO
Visit site
Impulse buys are extremely bad. If you don't do your research you don't have any idea what you are in for. Max is right. Cowfish grow to 16-18 inches. They are delicate as in bad water parameters can easily stress them. Fishcatch22 was also right when he said that stress or death of a cowfish will release toxins into your water. These toxins can kill your other fish and anything else living you may have in your aquarium.

Tab64

AC Members
Aug 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
You learned a few things with this post. Do not use crushed coral, I am speaking from bad nitrate sorrow on that, and it may be time to find a new LFS. You can chaulk it up to error if it was a box type LFS but any respectable dealer should have been honest.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store