White film on puffer's nose?????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joeyg2100

AC Members
Oct 31, 2005
My king kong puffer has developed a white film accross his nose. It starts between his eye's and runs all the way to the end of his nose. He hasn't moved that much and he is really not wanting to eat. The film is white and it looks like in some places it is comming off. He just looks sick. Please help with any info on what it is, and what i can do to fix it. Thanks
Here is a picture of it

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
www.freshwaterfanatics.com
I have no idea what it is so I won't reccommend any meds, but I do reccommend changing the water moer often until it goes away, just to try and get whatever it is out of the water. I would change 50% daily or every other day until you can figure out what it is and treat it properly. JMO

liv2padl

cichlidophile
Oct 30, 2005
north carolina
how 'bout some info we can use to help you. tank size? other fish in the tank? fresh or brackish water? what do you feed? how often do you change the water? vacuum the gravel? ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels? etc.?

joeyg2100

AC Members
Oct 31, 2005
He is in a 30 gallon tall tank. He has 1 bristle nose pleco in the tank with him. I do 50% water changes 1 a week. It is a planted tank with a sand substaight. Ammonia level = 0, Nitirite = 0, and nitrate = 5 . I just did a water change last thursday, and he got this film on his face a couple days later. I have no clue what it is. I want to get this treated as puffers are a very sinsative fish.
I feed him everyother day with frozen shrimp. The one thing i think might have caused a problem was that I had a giant dano's in my 55 gallon that I wanted to get rid of(becuase I just put in a bunch of 1" cichlids and didn't want the dano to bother those fish) I put it in the tank and he ate the dano. After that I noticed this spot. He is a freshwater puffer that is about 5" long

Last edited:

CaitxSith

A little too obsessed with neons.
Sep 30, 2006
The pond with some Triops
liv2padl said:
how 'bout some info we can use to help you. tank size? other fish in the tank? fresh or brackish water? what do you feed? how often do you change the water? vacuum the gravel? ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels? etc.?
I guess if it was brakish, he would've posted this in the brakish section of the forum :D

sorry for the :OT:..

KingOfTheDeep

All Hail The King
Nov 2, 2005
New York City
Real Name
Dan
looks like it could be columnaris..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store