Anybody here ever heard about emerald green cories?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Hey, at my local petco, they have emerald green cories on sale. Have any of you ever heard of them or owned them? Do they need any special care of what not?

Freshwater_J

AC Members
Oct 28, 2006
google.com

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
I already did.

Not much came up. All that came up was not interesting. I want personal opinions and experiences.

Grundy

"A Buckeye Behind Enemy Lines"
Jul 9, 2006
Michigan
If they are the same as green cories then I have three as part of my "herd". They are the biggest of the cories and by far the most outgoing. The have a dull green shine when the light hits them from an angle.

sarcare

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
Actually, two different fish are sold as emerald green corys. One is C. Aeneus, and gets 3-4inches, the other is brochis splendis which gets even larger. But both are too big for a 20h

webcricket

(So chill.) No wonder it's freezing
Mar 22, 2006
Syracuse, NY
If they are true cories, then they are likely Bronze Cories, but they could also be Brochis splendens which is known as Emerald Catfish. My Petco sells both types and labels them "emerald green cories". They look very similar when they are at the typical pet store size.

Both of the species get large, with the Emerald Catfish getting much larger, and they should to be kept in schools of at least 6.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store