Flowerhorn in 55G

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Batmanjay28

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Oregon
Could I keep 6 flowerhorns in a 55G tank for about 6 months? In 6 months I'm going to get a 150G tank. The flowerhorns are about 2 inches each and I think I have 3 females and 3 males. I'm wanting to have them pair off and then move the other flowerhorns to a different tank. Is it a good idea to have 6 little flowerhorns in the same 55G tank for 6 months, or will things get out of hand. I do have a 90G with 2 JD, a Blackbelt and a GT. I could possibly move the flowerhorns to the 90G and move my GT(3 1/2), Blackbelt(3 inch) , and 3 inch Jds into the 55G for the time being. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

reyrey

AC Members
Nov 10, 2006
california
dude just keep the two best ones and a put divider in between, thats hecka long time they would probally kill each other if you have 6 not a good idea for a 55gal

Last edited:

Flowerhorn916

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Sacramento, Ca
6 fh is not a good idea for any size tank they will grow 3-5" in 6 months and by that time 6 will turn into 1 you need to have your fh in a tank w/ a divider before they pair in most cases it is a very slow introduction to eachother

Jimbob1

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
I'm moving them into a 90G and an getting a divider. I was wondering if I should put three on one side of the divider and three on the other? Would maybe anyother fish maybe a swordtail cut down on the aggeretion?

Flowerhorn916

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Sacramento, Ca
Please Listen Fh's Will Kill Most Any Dither Fish! Unless There Mabey <1" There Not Going To Live Together In Harmony And Also Factor In Where You Got These Fish Are They All From The Same Parents? If So You Dont Want Them Breeding. Just Remeber If You Want A Nice Fish With Long Fins And Perfect Scales It Will Need To Be Housed Alone From The Begining....

Batmanjay28

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Oregon
I am taking out the 3 that don't have as good of colors. I think it's the best thing I can do. What do you think? Having a male and 2 females, or 3 males, or 2 MALES a female? What would you do in my situation? Please be honest. Thank you

reyrey

AC Members
Nov 10, 2006
california
i now flowerorn916 personaly hes had fh a long time and has pretty much got me into these fish , if you have to have 3 divide um up so three section and dosent matter the sex just the best ones cause arent the fh bros and sis if not get whatever ya want and divide if ya dont ya be sorry trust me one of ya fish is gonna die or two, i have 5 flowerhorns rangeing from 1inch to 7inch but mine are ether a pair or divided in tanks im trying to help ya not give ya crap and i wouldnt tell the moderator mojo ya got um cause he will eat them with salsa or sumthing look at his profile pretty funny how just sum people think the blood line gonna be jacked up forever some of these guys got a point but its a fish there not a fish so why care but if they want a trimac there hard to get a full breed one cause so many are missied named flowerhorns that could be upsetting personally i think blood parrots look handicap it just looks kind of depressing they cant close there mouth thats mutated

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store