450 Reef in Wall Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mahlhavoc

AC Members
Nov 1, 2005
I am finally starting my last tank. I currently have 3 tanks the smallest being a 75g Regal Angel tank picured here:

The new tank will be 96 long 30 tall and 36 deep for an approximate 450 gallons with my current 135 going for my sump that I will build a refuge into. Scott from Aquatic Systems Design will be building the tank and probably starting it next week or so. I figure this will take a few months, hopefully less, before its filled with water.

I currently have acquired three Blue Line Eballasts rated at 400 watts and three Luminarc III Reflectors for lighting over the system. I may or may not use suplementation for these other than led moonlight.

For calcium I am using a reactor from Scott at Aquatic Systems Design that is 8" diameter pictured here with the regulator:

For controller and readings etc., I am going with an Aquacontroller III that should be here within a few days. I am excited to be able to have something that will give me a reading whenever I walk past it, though I won't trust this 100% with my aquarium, it will make things a bit clearer as far as stability.

My flow will consist of three Reflo Darts, two of which will be on a CL with OM 4-ways (already have 1 need another) with the OMs split on opposite sides of the tank and it is a version 3 with 2 open and 2 closed at a time with about a minute for full rotation. This should give me a back and forth flow along the tank. The bulckheads for the CL will be in the bottom of the tank and I will have a center return. I will post drawings later. The other Dart will be for my sump return.

Here is the room my tank will be going in, the wall will be coming out and enlarging my downstairs play room a bit. . ok ALOT. The wall will fall back about 5 feet into the office area and leave me 2' 6" to get behind the tank for maint. as the room is about 11' 2" deep. The plumbing will go under the stairs to outside in my garage where the sump, refuge and other devices will be on a rack and out of the house (quiet!)

This is the way underneath the stairs where my plumbing will land. I want everything super quiet and out of the way as I can get it.

This all is just the start and I will try my best to keep everyone informed and pictures of progress. Any input is always welcome as are questions.

Uncarved Block

Formerly known as "Uncarved Block"
Sep 17, 2006
Washington
Interesting, I didn't know you could have a regal angel in a 75 gallon...

Good luck with the new aquarium! What species are you planning on?

Mahlhavoc

AC Members
Nov 1, 2005
http://animal-world.com/encyclo/marine/angels/Regal.php

I don't like it in the 75, hence the 450g where he will be housed.

I am planning mostly Anthias, possibly Ventralis Anthias, Bimaculatus Anthias or Square Spots. I currently have a Purple Tang, 2 yellow tangs, 4 Hippo Tangs, 1 Red Sea Sailfin Tang, 3 YS Maroons (two will have to go) and various other reef safe fishes. This is not the most important to me at this time though and will refine my list when it does come into play.

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
I love your fish and Anemone! Such beautiful work you've done!`

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store