NEWS NEWS NEWS Heres a site i was reading about WAL MART

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Xavier3520

AC Members
Nov 15, 2006
Texas
WWW.myspace.com
Wal*mart Fish Options

Track this topic
Email this topic
Print this topic
Download this topic
Subscribe to this forum
Switch to: Outline
Standard
Switch to: Linear+ ECCO_ Yesterday, 04:02 AM Post #1

Fish Fanatic

Group: Members
Member No.: 25681

I was in Wal-Mart tonight and I was getting some fish. Me and the assistant got to talking and she told me that after the year is out, Wal-Mart will no longer sale fish. I said is it just this one or all Wal-Marts? She said most. I ask why and she said they couldnt keep the tanks up, no one really takes good care of the fish. I was mad in so many ways, Watching fish die cause the employes dont do theyre jobs, and cause I dont live near pets stores and rarely get to go to them, Wal-Mart was were I got most of my fish.
I was just wondering if this was happening eanywhere else?

This post has been edited by ECCO_: Yesterday, 04:05 AM

--------------------

Peanut butter jellie time.......... "Family Guy"

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
I read the thread. I think that its about time wally world gave up on the fish game. But like the thread did state its not only walmart there are plenty of places out there that just b/c they have "decent" tanks the employees might not know anything and give you the wrong advise and just be as frusturating.

-Just my 2 cents

desertgoldhound

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Lake Havasu City
This is a good thing. It will help LFS where they can (HOPEFULLY) train employee's right. How large is the town you live in? You may be able to start a fish store yourself. Do your research and start small. If walmart is the only store that sells fish in your town and there is quite a population it might make it. I have a freind that started one when the local petstor stoped handling fish. He only had 20 tanks and only spent about 1,000 on supplies. He now has a full line pet store. This store was only about the size of the fish section of most walmarts. I am thinking about starting one here but we have one already and they stinck(WORSE THEN WAL-MART). They just moved locations a while ago and being that my mom owns a grooming shop she is constantly getting calls over fish. If this walmart stops carring fish I will for sure start a store. I can get OK location for around 300 that would house just a fish store with a backroom for the filter system. I hope this is true couse I will start one and it will be next to my moms grooming shop. I am not getting that much programming buisness so I could take the time without lossing any income.

desertgoldhound

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Lake Havasu City
It said there was a site that you read this on what is the url

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store