GloFish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zave2340

WWW - Wondrful Water World
Jan 31, 2005
Elmvale
Okay, i know, i have been gone for a whle from the forums. But... Look.... Here i am.... I am back!!!!!!

ANYWAY

I has in one of my local fish stores when some told me to check out the cool fish they had in there Diano tank. Low and behold GLOFISH!!!!!

So, knowing that they are illigela to import into Canada i bought all 6 that were left in the tank. A firend to works there told me they got a shippment of them by mistake. (Nice)

So... does anyone else have these are is there anything i shoudl really be aware of with them....

They are in........
30 Gallon
4 Med Black Neon
1 Med Red Tail Albino
1 Golden Pleco
6 GloFish

BTW, i also added a black light on to the tank for nighttime. now, just before my day light turns off, the black turns on.

CaitxSith

A little too obsessed with neons.
Sep 30, 2006
The pond with some Triops
i think it's fine... to me, glo-fish is a zebra danios with cool colors, whose genes were messed around with.

CaitxSith

A little too obsessed with neons.
Sep 30, 2006
The pond with some Triops
just saying, take good care of them and care for them as if they were zebra danios...

6~8pH
(I think) ammonia slightly tolerable (used in fishy cycles)
temp 64 to 74 deg. Farenheit
5~12dGH

:)

reptileguy2727

Not enough tanks, space, or time
Jan 15, 2006
Northern Virginia
I have 4 reds, 4 oranges and plan on getting more of other colors. They are doing great in my 40high community tank. They seem to be a little more sensitive than regular zebra danios, but by no means sensitive. My pH is about 7.8. The temp in there is 82F. I feed baby sized Hikari Cichlid Gold and TetraMin Pro Crisps.

dizzykylie

AC Members
Oct 20, 2006
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I have 2....they seem to be like the Zebras in every other way but the color. I love to watch them zip around my tank...all I see are these flashes of pink as they zoom by. They are really cool. THe lfs I bought them from had green and orange ones too.

zave2340

WWW - Wondrful Water World
Jan 31, 2005
Elmvale
i shoudl say...

they are not illigal in Canada... BUT illigal to import.
I love mine so far, and at night they look great under blacklight

reptileguy2727

Not enough tanks, space, or time
Jan 15, 2006
Northern Virginia
I have the red and orange, I have seen green and yellow and I have heard of blue and purple (but won't believe those two until I see them).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store