How do you trim plants?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
I have anacharis and an amazon sword. I was gone for 4 days over thanksgiving break, and when I got home, I saw they had grown a lot. How do I trim the anacharis? Also, my amazon sword has a really long stem that has grown which reaches the surface. It is like a green stick, and in some places, there is a spot with tiny branch like things. What is this stem and should I trim it, how?

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Thanks.

What about the long stem on the amzon sword?

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Nahh.

They're different subjects. People just started answering other questions on each haha.

webcricket

(So chill.) No wonder it's freezing
Mar 22, 2006
Syracuse, NY
That stalk on the sword is a flower stalk. If you leave it be, you may see some plantlets form on the stalk. Once these have roots, you can pull them off the stalk and replant them.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Thanks for great info!

So with the stem, how long should it take to see the flowers or new leaves or whatever forms from it. If it has a stem, does it mean it is healthy :)?

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Hmm.

For each different stem of anacharis, I should plant it separately? So it should be like this?

l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l l l l l ????

Like this?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store