eclipse lights and MiniBow lights

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Schnecken

AC Members
Nov 14, 2005
Can somebody post pictures of the light sockets in the eclipse and the Minibow systems? I'm looking at buying an extra Eclipse 3 or Minibow 2.5/5 for a deformed betta I was given (it's missing its right front fin and can't swim very well).

However I wanna have some live plants and I can't figure out which system has the best light.

Thanks! :)

webcricket

(So chill.) No wonder it's freezing
Mar 22, 2006
Syracuse, NY
I don't have pictures, but I can tell you that the Minibow 2.5 comes with an incandescent bulb that can be replaced with a screw-in compact fluorescent bulb in whatever wattage you want over the tank. The Eclipse 3 comes with a 6 watt T-5 fluorescent tube - you cannot add a greater wattage bulb.

debaric

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
N.J.
www.myspace.com
I had the eclipse 3 and it did a great job of growing some java fern, watersprite, java moss. Like webcricket said you cant upgrade the light.

The eclipse 3 is not easy to deal with because the opening is not user friendly. i had to lift the entire top lid up just to feed. Its a really nice tank but they new to improve its design.

If i had to do it again i would set up a 5 gallon for the betta and buy the lighting accessories seperately.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store