Neon Tetra Disease and bloating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TTKarl

AC Members
Nov 26, 2006
Ok, so i had been noticing that one of my neon tetras had been acting strange for a few days. I came home yesterday to find that his red color was gone and it looked like fungus behind his dorsal fin. I diagnosed it as ntd. Now i have been noticing that my dwarf gourami is acting strange hiding most of the time and when he comes out he is what i would call spastic! Swiming as fast as he can from the top to the bottom a couple of times and then going back into hiding. I have also noticed that one of my blackskirt tetras is much darker than normal! Is it possible for the NTD to spread to other fish and if so how do I tell if they have it. I euthanised the infected tetra and have another that went missing today. If it is NTD i understand you need to disinfect the whole tank. What about the plants, driftwood, and filter, is there anyway to save any of it? Also what about the other fish if they are showing no signs could they still be infected?

Ok and about the bloating I've had a harliquen (i'm sure thats not how you spell it) That has had a bloated stomach for about 1 year. Is it possible that he is just fat and not infected? I'm noticing that the remaining neons stomachs are also starting to swell since I got them about 5 weeks ago.

The water is at 76 degrees PH 7 Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 GH 3-4 degrees KH 1 degree. 26g Bow

I also added a new 65w light about 2-3 weeks ago if that makes a difference.

belly.jpg belly1.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store