DIY CO2 Injector for 20 Gallon high??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
So, for my 20 gallon high, lightly planted and highly stocked tank, 2.5 wpg, would it be a good idea to get DIY co2. I fso, what would be a good size for my tank, and how would I make it. I would want to make sure that since it's only 20 gallons, I don't inject too much co2, so the fish die. PICS PLEASE :)

Last edited:

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Hmmm... Still a bit confused =/...

Yeah... I'm still a bit confused. Is that a good amount for my 20 gallon high? If I only have like light-medium planted tank, do I really need the co2. How do I make co2 go in water, and how long should it go... Does it bubble... Lost... sorry. But nice pics and explanation :) Would it just be anough to have 2.5wpg and dose florapride every week?

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
www.freshwaterfanatics.com
$eaba$$ said:
Yeah... I'm still a bit confused. Is that a good amount for my 20 gallon high? If I only have like light-medium planted tank, do I really need the co2. How do I make co2 go in water, and how long should it go... Does it bubble... Lost... sorry. But nice pics and explanation :) Would it just be anough to have 2.5wpg and dose florapride every week?
OK here's a couple more links. Read through and your questions will be answered. :)

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86127

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...lf/14453-diy-co2-guide-with-pictures-and.html

A 1 litre bottle with the suggested amount of sugar and yeast is pretty good for 20 gallons. You could even do more if you want.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Ok.

Still a tiny winy bit confused :) What's the valve thing you need? So, the hose starts in the cap, and goes into the water? I'm going to use a normal air bubbler. So I just put like a suction cup on the hose and suction the bubbler to the wall inside the aquarium, and co2 bubbles just pop out? Do I just leave it in all the time, or do I take it out after some period of time? What to do? :) Also, how much does it cost about for the supplies each time. How often do I need to refil? For only a lightly planted tank, do I need co2 thing? One more thing, do I need to air it out sometime with a air bubbler thing?

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
www.freshwaterfanatics.com
You refill when the bubbles start slowing down, usually a week or 2. Yes the hose goes into the water. It won't do anything otherwise. Any airstone will work good enough. I don't remember how much it costs but it is next to nothing. Only you can tell us if you need CO2 How are your plants growing? Do you have excess algae?

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
So far..

My plants seem to be doing great! Since my new lighting, my amazon sword looks great, and as they did with only 0.75 watts per gallon, now 2.5wpg, my anacharis are doing great too. They are growing well. Around a couple of inches a week. They are nice and green too. I'll see how it goes with time, and as I get more plants, if they don't do as well, I may add co2. So far so good :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store