A Tubiflex worm eating Pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

skeletonhand

Landscaper Extraordinaire
Sep 9, 2006
Lincoln, NE
I don't know if this is normal but my common Pleco will come to the surface when I throw in a tubiflex worm cube. It's not like I don't feed him, he gets algae discs and pieces of lettuce. Here are some pics. Anybody else have this happen?

SKEL

DSC01241.JPG DSC01242.JPG

jennfier

..o0o..o0o..
Aug 22, 2006
SW Ohio
www.aquariacentral.com
They'll eat a lot of different things. The older they are, the less they're interested in algae, and more into whatever you're feeding the others. From your title, I thought you were saying the worm is eating your pleco.. you need hyphens man ! hehe ;)

Peanutsweet

AC Members
Feb 20, 2006
My pleco is just 2" long, but he eats anything.
very active and swims around alot. likes to 'hang out' near the spray bar on my outlet filter.

Malefic23

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Charlotte NC
Common plecos tend to be oppertunity feeders. He's enhancing the protien in his diet with a little tubiflex, no worries. Mine take everything from fresh zuchini to raw shrimp down. Keep in mind, common plecos are "bulk" eaters. Even if he's getting enough nutrients from algae wafers and lettuce, he might not feel full. In nature, these fish consume large amounts of detrius every day. Supplimenting him with a little parboiled zuchini might help him feel a little fuller, but he's still going to nibble your tubiflex cubes sometimes. And your koi pellets, and your flake food, and your shrimp pellets, and your cichild floaters and anything else he can get his suckermouth on. These fish like to eat!

skeletonhand

Landscaper Extraordinaire
Sep 9, 2006
Lincoln, NE
What's really funny about it, is he just started today. I fed the fish some frozen blood worms this evening, and guess who came up. Mr. Pleco. It's fine by me! If he's hungry let him eat.

SanitySake

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
scareybunny.deviantart.com
sarcare said:
From the thread title, I thought you had a tubiflex worm eating your pleco--that would be a sight to see!
xD i thought that too heh

MMmmm...well, as plecos get older they eat a wider variety of things...my pleco hid under a piece of wood for about three weeks after i bought him and now he swims around more and nibbles at the plants in my tank

ChileRelleno

500+ jumps-n-counting,SKYDIVE!
Feb 10, 2005
Mobile, AL
See my stickied thread at the top of this forum...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store