bottom feeder for a 29g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com
I was wondering what kind of bottom feeder would work well in a 29 gallon. I'd prefer it to be smaller as I have a pair of bolivian rams, so pretty much the smaller the better within reason. Being common would also be a plus so I don't have to spend too much on it.

It's a community tank BTW.

Evan214

iSi se puede!
Nov 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Smaller loaches would be pretty cool...
But cories would probably be best. Personally, I prefer pygmy cories. I think they are pretty cool, but that's just me.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
rams protecting eggs/fry tend to become aggresive and may fight with the cories.

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com
An specific loaches?

Cory Lover

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
B.C. Canada
Hi,

Some good loaches for a 29 gallon would be Dwarf Loaches (Botia sidthimunki). They grow to about 2 inches and are best kept in groups of 4+. They are very cute.

Some other good loaches would be Zebra Loaches, Skunk Loaches, and Yo-Yo Loaches.

But I think a group of four-five Panda Cories would also be great. :)

Cory Lover

Ulan

AC Members
Sep 22, 2006
Cory Lover said:
Some good loaches for a 29 gallon would be Dwarf Loaches (Botia sidthimunki). They grow to about 2 inches and are best kept in groups of 4+.
Like this one here? I heard they get 5 to 6 inches big.

Cory Lover

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
B.C. Canada
Hi,

It doesn't really look like that. My book 'Aquarium and Pond Fish' be David Alderton, says they only get to 2 inches.

Cory Lover

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store