Amazing!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

eyeman

AC Members
Nov 27, 2006
2 weeks ago, I set-up my 75 gallon tank and have been doing a fishless cycle. I have a smaller tank set-up with some platys. I rinsed the filter material from the smaller tank in the larger tank 2 weeks ago when I set it up to seed the tank with bacteria. My new tank parameters are Am-5ppm NI-1 ppm NA-10ppm PH 7.2 etc....I am in the middel of the cycle. I have been adding clear ammonia every day.

Last night, i removed the new tank filter cartridges from the penguine HOB just to rinse them in the tank itself and see what it has been capturing and how much bacteria or particulates would come out. To my amazement...a platy fry swam off of the cartridge and down into the substrate of the tank.

Everyone worries so much about Am NI etc etc yet this little bugger survived being sucked into a filter box, with no food other than microscopic stuff living in this tank, with AM as high as 8ppm, Nitrite as high as 1 etc etc.

Unfortunatly he is still in that tank..it is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Hardy little Bugger!!!

Miguel

fan of the apistos
Feb 27, 2004
Montgomery MN
Visit site
I found two platy fry in my 55g with two adult angels, 15 cardinals, 7 platy adults, a bolivan ram, 3 cories and a cockatoo dwarf cichlid. Talk about beating the odds. 29 predators all over the tank and they still found a way to live. Unfortunatly they were eaten but the last one grew to about 1/2 inch. Platies are some hardy fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store