Anemone true or false

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spinx

AC Members
Nov 6, 2006
Hi guys how would you know that your anemone is doing ok, ive read an article that says anemones can battle for up to 8 months and then die. And also is it a bad idea to have more than 1 anemone in a aquarium, it's said that they are prone to fight until one or both die. Ive got two different tipes of purple base anemones. Please help

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
I have LTA BTA RBTA GBTA all in one tank, I run carbon now... but once they stop fighting It should be ok, the worse thing that can happen is you run carbon for awhile..

kyrie_eleison

AC Members
Dec 18, 2006
Ghost_knife said:
I have LTA BTA RBTA GBTA all in one tank, I run carbon now... but once they stop fighting It should be ok, the worse thing that can happen is you run carbon for awhile..
Ghost,

I have no idea what you mean. Could you clarify the whole thing on carbon?

Wrench

AC Members
Sep 9, 2004
Anemones will engage in chemical warfare. In the wild it only affects other anemones in their territory but when you put them in a small tank it will affect them all. The carbon removes these chemicals. There are some LPS that do the same thing so it's not just stinging tentacles that you have to worry about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store