Another noob here!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cbatusf

AC Members
Dec 17, 2006
Tampa, FL
www.myspace.com
Hello all!
My name is Courtney, and I'm a 21-year-old, full-time student at the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL. If all goes as planned, I'll be graduating with a B.S. in Elementary Education in a year and a half.

I got my first aquarium, a five gallon, about one month ago. lol! I found it close to impossible to keep the water chemestry stable in that small of a tank, so I upgraded to a ten gallon about 6 days ago. I'm researching all I can and am thrilled to have found this website.

My big-time hobby for the passed 5 years or so has been reptiles. I have two bearded dragons, Jango and Tango, and one leopard gecko, Gizmo. I find them very fascinating, and people look at me like I have three heads when I say that they have real, unique personalities.

I'm becoming a married woman on May 19, 2007 to an awesome man named Brandon, who is 22-years-old. Brandon and I had been dating for three years when he asked me to marry him on Sept. 5, 2005. I'm doing my best to plan the wedding, but I'm horrible when making decisions. Y'all wish me luck because I definitely need it! lol!

Anyway, that's me a nutshell, and here I am with Brandon:

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
welcome to AC :D

what kind of pleco do you have?just giving you a heads up,there are VERY few pleco's that could live in a ten gal;)
I learned the hard way

cbatusf

AC Members
Dec 17, 2006
Tampa, FL
www.myspace.com
Thank you both for the warm welcome! :)

I believe I have a Hypostomus plecostomus aka Common Pleco. I read that they get large after I brought it home. *sigh* When he outgrows the ten, I'll give him to my dad who has a 30 gallon. When he outgrows that, I'll have to find someone else to take him or take him back to the LFS who sold him to me. :sad:

All of this is a learning process. No matter how much I research, there's always something I overlook. I feel horrible when I make mistakes such as this, but I'm really trying my best.

Omega

Clowning Around
Dec 29, 2005
Surrey, BC, Canada
cbatusf said:
All of this is a learning process. No matter how much I research, there's always something I overlook. I feel horrible when I make mistakes such as this, but I'm really trying my best.
Trying your best is all that counts. We're here to help.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
well your trying :) BTW do you supplement his diet?
hmm,maybe you should just get a 120 gal tank for him :D
(sorry,my MTS is coming back :D )
(M-T-S,multiple tank syndrome)

cbatusf

AC Members
Dec 17, 2006
Tampa, FL
www.myspace.com
hmm,maybe you should just get a 120 gal tank for him
I would absolutely LOVE to get a huge aquarium for him and the rest of my fish, but as I'm a broke college student on a tight budget and live in a small one bedroom apart, I can't afford it and don't have the room! lol! I'm afraid I have a new hobby (obsession). Oh geeze, just what I needed! LOL!

I just got home from my LFS, though, and asked the guy why he sold me a pleco that grows to be almost two feet long for my ten gallon tank. He said, "We'll cross that road when we get to it. When he grows too large for your tank, bring him in and we'll exchange him for another smaller one." Maybe they'll let me exchange the pleco for a bristlenose catfish instead.

cbatusf

AC Members
Dec 17, 2006
Tampa, FL
www.myspace.com
Oh, I love my Cories too! Those are the first fish I got, and I love watching them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store