yellow tang regurgitating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

impossible

AC Members
May 8, 2005
My yellow tang has been regurgitating his food,,,had him for a week now,it was a job to get him to eat for the first few days,,,,now he is throwing it up!!,,,anyone know whats going on here??

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
what u trying to feed?

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
try Nori or lettuce, they seem to do better on thta at first

rbell219

AC Members
Nov 12, 2005
Do you know if it is wild caught or tank raised? I used to work at a LFS and we had a huge return (morbidity) rate on Yellow Tangs. The owner told me that in Singapore (I thnik that's right--it's been a few yrs) they dump cyanide on the reef. This stuns the fish and they net them and get them to clean tanks quickly. They mostly all revive, but some make it in the long run, some don't. For whatever reason, the Yellow Tangs were the most common victim of this nightmarish practice. He all but stopped stocking them--unless he knew for a fact they were tank raised.

This may have been urban legend--may have since ceased, but we heard all kinds of stories of weird activity.

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
Rbell...unfortunatly you are right about that practice, they also use crude blasting methods to stun/dislodge corals..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store